Project AWARE Coral Reef Conservation Specialty eCourse
The Project AWARE Coral Reef Conservation Specialty eCourse is conducted by our in-house Marine Biologist Georgina Hayes. Anyone who has an interest in the aquatic world can take this course. There are no prerequisites or age restrictions and no water sessions are required to earn this non-diving certification. Once you have completed this eCourse and reviewed the Knowledge Review with your instructor, you will receive the Project AWARE Coral Reef Conservation Specialty Certification Card from PADI.
Sections and Course Topics
I) Introduction, Course Overview and Project AWARE (Video Presentation > Available as a free course preview)
II) Importance of Coral Reefs. (Video Presentation)
III) Understanding Coral (Video Presentation)
IV) Complex Nature of Life on the Coral Reef. (Video Presentation)
V) Coral Reef in Peril, Protected the Living Reef, and Summary. (Video Presentation)
Watch the PADI / AWARE video on good practices for divers and snorkelers.
Knowledge Review (10 questions + enter your contact details to schedule your call)
Become a Project AWARE Coral Reef Conservation Specialty in 5 easy steps:
1) Log in your account and sign up for this eCourse (Course fees is $80USD includes PADI Certification)
2) Watch all 6 videos (Video length range between 8 and 24 minutes)
3) Review the course presentations and read the A.W.A.R.E. – Our World, Our Water Manual
4) Complete the Knowledge Review
5) Schedule a one on one call with your instructor to go over your Knowledge Review and answer your questions.
Once you have completed the above steps, your PADI Instructor will submit your application to PADI to complete your Certification Process.
You can complete this certification program in approximately 4 hours.